Hire a trial lawyer who will fight for your rights.
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: Graduated in top 15 percent of his class
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy
- DePaul University, The Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, Chicago, Illinois
- Non-degree seeking student in MBA program
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- Highest Honors
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018, 2020 - 2022
Vadim Shifrin, Principal and Founder of Shifrin Law Group, is a respected trial attorney with a history of success representing clients in the personal injury and criminal law fields. Mr. Shifrin has been recognized yearly as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star, an honor given to only 2.5% of all attorneys practicing in Illinois.
Mr. Shifrin is licensed to practice in Illinois and the Northern District of Illinois. He received his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law and his Bachelor of Science from the University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana. Mr. Shifrin is also currently the consulting attorney for The Graduate School (TGS) at Northwestern University. He is the central point of contact for graduate students seeking legal consultations and advise.
Prior to starting his own full-service trial practice law firm in 2015; Mr. Shifrin was the Assistant Director of the Center for Intellectual Property Law and Information Technology at DePaul University College of Law for nine years. At this think-tank, he oversaw the day-to-day operations of a nationally ranked intellectual property organization by providing long-term strategic vision and management. During his tenure at DePaul, Mr. Shifrin also worked as a consultant to the Center for Art, Museum and Cultural Heritage Law at DePaul University College of Law.
From 2009-2013, Mr. Shifrin also acted as Of-Counsel at The Law Office of Steven R. Decker. There, Mr. Shifrin litigated complex cases in the fields of criminal law and personal injury law. During that time, he has also represented clients in a variety of negotiations, as well as, contract, employment, landlord-tenant, real estate, corporate, and intellectual property matters.
Earlier in Mr. Shifrin’s legal career he had the distinct privilege of externing with The Honorable Samuel Der-Yeghiayan of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Additionally, he clerked at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office-Felony Division and the Misdemeanor Clinic at DePaul University College of Law.
Prior to starting his legal career, Mr. Shifrin worked in the marketing department of the Arlington Park Race Track, a Churchill Downs affiliate. He was also a respected news and sports reporter at two local radio stations and in 2001 was nominated for the prestigious “Young Journalist Award.”
Mr. Shifrin is a motivated, resourceful and conscientious advocate. He is a natural leader, a certified mediator and arbitrator (in Cook County and FINRA) and an exemplary problem solver. Mr. Shifrin’s success in the courtroom and accolades in the trial advocacy field exemplify his excellent public speaking and communication skills. Mr. Shifrin has secured hundreds of courtroom victories in his clients’ favor. On the civil side, Mr. Shifrin and his staff have been able to help countless clients recover millions of dollars in civil negligence claims. Additionally, Mr. Shifrin was born in Minsk, Belarus and is also fluent in the Russian Language.
When he is not at the office practicing law, Mr. Shifrin enjoys spending time with his family, biking around the city, trading stocks, investing in real estate, playing fantasy baseball and watching the Chicago Bulls not win championships. Mr. Shifrin is a volunteer attorney for numerous philanthropic organizations and has volunteered with many local political campaigns as legal counsel.
- Chicago Grand Neighborhood Association-Zoning Board, Board Member -2014-2018
- Blake Sercye, Democrat for Cook County Commissioner, Voter Protection Organizer-2014
- Robert Reyes, Democrat for State Representative, 24th District, Campaign Volunteer-Voter Protection- 2012
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Volunteer Attorney- 2010-2014
- Larry Suffredin, Democrat for Cook County State’s Attorney, Campaign Volunteer- 2007
- The Law Office of Steven R. Decker, Of-Counsel, 2009 to 2013
- The Honorable Samuel Der-Yeghiayan of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Extern
- Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office-Felony Division, Clerk
- DePaul University College of Law, Center for Intellectual Property Law & Information Technology, Assistant Director
- DePaul University College of Law, Center for Art, Museum & Cultural Heritage Law, Consultant
- DePaul University College of Law, Misdemeanor Clinic, 711 Law Clerk
- WPGU 107.1 The Planet, News and Sports Reporter
- WZND Radio, News and Sports Reporter
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Sports Lawyers Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certificate of Completion in Mediation
- Cook County Court Certified Mediator
- FINRA Certified Mediator
- Licensed Real Estate Broker (REALTOR®), State of Illinois
Current Employment Position
- Founder, Shifrin Law Group
- Northwestern University, Graduate School, Consulting Attorney
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois